Chocolate Kiwi Popsicles
2) 1 cup Chopped dark chocolate and 1/2 cup Coconut oil – melted over a double boiler, then cooled to room temp.
3) Dip each Kiwi-pop into the chocolate mixture (it will immediately turn crispy) and place on a tray to refreeze or pass around right now.I’ve had Kiwi in salads, and cakes, but when I received a box of kiwi from the Zespri Kiwi Growers, my first thought was how much I wanted to keep the kiwi looking and tasting as true as possible. According to their reports, this year’s crops are really sweet and yet still have their usual low glycemic index. That makes kiwi a great food for diabetic issues, weight conscious diets and low-fat, low-carb snacking. Here are a few facts that surprised me and made me want to keep eating those fuzzy little odd-balls.
One serving of KIWI:
* contains the same amount of fiber as a BOWL of bran cereal.
* contains the same amount of potassium as a banana
* provides the recommended dietary allowance of vitamin C
Folate (good for pregnant women), Lutein (helps prevent age-related blindness), Zinc (healthy hair, skin, teeth), Vitamin E (antioxidant and immune system booster) AND…the enzyme found in green kiwifruit makes a natural meat tenderizer. Who knew? Comment and Share!!!
Latest posts by DELUX Magazine (see all)
- AT&T Makes A Difference with Dream In Black 28 Future Makers - Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Hate Crime: Jussie Smollett Attacked - Tuesday, January 29, 2019
- Jordan Peele: US - Monday, January 21, 2019