As we move into fight weekend with anticipation of watching Holly Holm defend her championship title. Let’s talk about how kickboxing is a great way to get into shape. My first kickboxing class was one of the most challenging workouts that I have ever experienced. The first 15 minutes of the class was the warm up, and the instructor made us run suicides. I knew then that I was in for a hard workout. After the warm up, we put on our gloves and moved into the boxing. The class wasn’t just about punching and kicking the bag, but the instructor made us do jump squats, planks, push-ups and other combinations that made the workout even more challenging. After 60 minutes you’re drenched with sweat, but the feeling is gratifying because you know that you have worked the entire body.
- Calorie Burn: The average person depending on weight can burn from 354 to 518 calories per hour punching a bag, according to the Wisconsin Department of Health and Family services.
- Great Arm Work Out: Boxing gloves are slightly weighted and punching the bag provides resistance.
- Change in Physique: After 30 days of attending class about 4 to 5 times a week, I seen a drastic change in my body. My clothes became looser, and my body became more toned.
- Stress Reliever: Nothing feels better then hitting a bag after a long day at work. Kickboxing allows me to relieve the stress that I had accumulated during the day.
- Fun: Kickboxing provided a workout that did not feel like it was a workout. The hour classes flew by because we were constantly moving, and provided a fun atmosphere. You’re so busy with trying to punch or strike the bag that you lose track of time.
Therefore, if you want to see physical results in your body, then kickboxing is your workout. Your body will feel and look better. Just stick with it and you will thank me in the end. I hope to see you all in the ring.
Latest posts by DELUX Magazine (see all)
- 5 Ways To Step Up Your Self-Care Game - Friday, September 21, 2018
- DJ TRIL: 12 Year Old Celebrity DJ Takes The Scene By Storm - Thursday, September 20, 2018
- MIGOS “IS YOU READY” TO BE MLB POSTSEASON ANTHEM - Tuesday, September 18, 2018