When hip hop joins forces with some R&B and soul, we know it’s going to be off the charts. Hip Hop artist Nas and Grammy award winning singer, Lauryn Hill recently announced a joint tour on Tuesday slated for this fall. The tour kicks off September 7th in Chicago, and hops across the country before wrapping up in Vancouver on October 11th. Roots reggae singer Chronixx will serve as the opener for 11 shows, with comedian Hannibal Buress warming up the crowd at the other six gigs.
Both megastars in their own right, the two famously collaborated on the hit “If I Ruled the World (Imagine That)” in 1996. They also embarked on a similar tour together in 2012, playing 10 dates after Nas released his Life Is Good album.
Neither artists have released recent music in the last few years, though between the two of them, they have a catalog of classics to make the audience quite happy to sing along too.
Tickets for the tour are set to go on sale to the public on Friday, June 2nd at 10 a.m. local time. For concert date and stops, check out the schedule below.
Nas and Lauryn Hill Tour Dates
- September 7 – Chicago, IL @ Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island
- September 8 – Sterling Heights, MI @ Michigan Lottery Amphitheatre
- September 10 – Toronto, ON @ Budweiser Stage
- September 12 – Boston, MA @ Blue Hills Bank Pavilion
- September 14 – Camden, NJ @ BB&T Pavilion
- September 15 – Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
- September 20 – Raleigh, NC @ Red Hat Amphitheater
- September 22 – Miami, FL @ Bayfront Park Amphitheater
- September 23 – Jacksonville, FL @ Daily’s Place
- September 27 – Houston, TX @ Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land
- September 28 – Dallas, TX @ The Pavilion at Irving Music Factory
- September 30 – Austin, TX @ Austin360 Amphitheater
- October 3 – San Diego, CA @ Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre
- October 5 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
- October 7 – Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre
- October 10 – Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theater
- October 11 – Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
Ticket information can be found here.
For more events, check out our event calendar.